Protecting your teeth should always be high on your list of priorities with proper dental coverage, but even more so as you age.
Various factors play into the increasing vulnerability of your pearly whites. Medications can wreak havoc on your teeth and aging brings lessened sensitivity, which means you may not realize there’s a problem until it’s quite advanced. In addition, the health of your mouth has implications in your overall physical well-being.
Understanding the need for good oral hygiene and obtaining the proper dental coverage don’t always go hand-in-hand, but both are critical.
Dental Insurance and Medicare
Dental care isn’t covered by Original Medicare or the Medigap plans. This means that adults over age 65 have to obtain dental coverage on their own.
A UROne insurance advisor can explain in more detail, but here are the basics:
- Enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan. These plans include dental coverage, as well as vision and prescription drugs. This type of dental insurance typically only covers teeth cleaning, bite-wing x-rays and general exams.
- Invest in a standalone plan. These plans are obtained through a private insurer and don’t require any kind of coordination through Medicare. While they are usually affordable, they will require you to pay a separate premium.
Choosing the right option for you is important, but the answer isn’t always apparent.
An experienced UROne health care insurance advisor who can help you figure out which plan will best suit your needs.
Why go with a pro?
- They know their business. An experienced advisor has spent enough time researching what’s out there to have a firm grasp on the ins and outs of different policies and plans. Not only does the health insurance agent know the information, but she also has access to various providers. It would take you far too long to research the same plans on your own.
- They can help you understand. It’s not enough that the professional that’s working with you understands. You need to understand. Private insurance experts can help simplify this difficult subject.
- They can discern your needs. An independent advisor knows what questions to ask to figure out what you require in a plan and will find the plan that’s right for you.