The open enrollment period to purchase an individual or family insurance policy on the Marketplace is the only time you can change, update or cancel your policy – without penalty or having to qualify for a life event.
Take advantage of this time to explore your options and find the right insurance policy.
If you don’t have insurance
Sign up through the Marketplace if you meet any of these qualifications:
- Your employer doesn’t offer health insurance.
- You don’t have health insurance through your spouse.
- You can’t be covered through your parent’s policy because you’re older than 26.
What you can do during Open Enrollment
- Renew your individual policy.
- Renew your family health insurance plan.
- Look for a new plan that offers better coverage.
- Purchase a policy with lower/higher premiums.
- Get a plan with lower copays or co-insurance.
- Switch to a new plan so you can visit a different doctor or hospital.
- Get lower-cost and/or better drug coverage.
- Take advantage of tax credits.
Choose your best plan
It pays to investigate your health insurance options.
Having health care coverage encourages better health and will prevent you from going into debt should you need surgery or get into an accident that requires hospitalization and long-term treatment.
The Marketplace offers four categories:
- Bronze. These typically have high deductibles and higher out-of-pocket costs.
- Silver. This type of plan will have lower cost-sharing levels for copays and co-insurance.
- Gold. Cost-sharing will be even lower.
- Platinum. At this level, you’ll pay the lowest in terms of cost-sharing.
All of the plans on the Marketplace must offer these 10 essential benefits:
- Outpatient care
- Emergency care
- Pregnancy and newborn care
- Prescription drugs
- Mental health and substance abuse services
- Lab tests
- Rehabilitation services and devices
- Dental and vision care (for children)
- Preventive care and wellness services
Don’t ignore the opportunity to improve your health insurance, lower your health care costs and protect yourself (and your family). Contact UROne Benefits at 800-722-7331 to get help selecting and enrolling in a health insurance plan that meets your personal and financial needs.