Travel Medical Insurance: Do You Need It for Your Next Trip?
As a traveler, you spend a lot of time planning the trip, choosing sights to see, and dreaming about the visit. But you’re probably overlooking one important factor: health insurance.
If you’re heading abroad for a leisure trip, going for business or spending a semester as a student, it’s important to know if your health insurance policy covers you while you’re out of the country, or if you’ll need international travel insurance.
If you’re not covered and you get injured, sick or fall ill while you’re away, you could be facing significant medical bills.
Here’s how you’ll benefit from Travel Medical Insurance:
- Financial compensation. If you incur medical bills due to an illness or accident while you’re abroad, the policy will provide compensation. In a foreign country, medical treatment can be very expensive, especial if you come down with a serious illness or major injury. Your medical bills could soar into the tens of thousands of dollars. Travel Medical Insurance provides financial reimbursement for your medical bills, so you can focus on getting better and coming home. Many policies also cover medical evacuation, which is important should you need to be evacuated from the country for medical reasons. If you don’t have travel insurance, you’d need to pay for this service out of pocket.
- Protection. Travel Medical Insurance ensures that you’ll be financially protected if your trip gets canceled or interrupted. There’s no shortage of reasons for having to cut your trip short. If an emergency arises, such as the death of a loved one at home or illness, you’ll want to get back home as soon as possible. But you’ve already paid for a lovely vacation that will go to waste. With Travel Medical Insurance, you’ll be compensated for the trip cancellation or trip interruption losses. In addition, the policy will cover incidents such as lost bags or misplaced belongings.
Not sure what kind of international Travel Medical Insurance you need? Don’t worry.
An insurance specialist can walk you through the options and help you select the best policy for your needs, such as:
- Travel Medical Insurance for the individual taking one trip.
- Travel Medical Insurance for the individual who takes frequent trips, or is planning on taking multiple trips abroad.
- The expatriate who plans to live outside the U.S. for a duration of time.
- A group taking a single trip.
- A group of students taking a longer educational trip.
- A volunteer serving overseas for a short or long-term period of time.
- A corporate employee traveling abroad for a short or long business trip.
If you have questions about International Travel Medical Insurance, or you’re not sure if it’s right for you, talk to one of the experts at UROne Benefits. We can help you review your existing health insurance policy and determine the gaps, and then direct you to the insurance plan that will provide maximum coverage for an affordable cost. Give us a call today!